As a precursor to a wedding, many couples choose to have engagement photos taken.
Engagement photos help make a wedding more memorable and show how in love you and your fiancé are.
Engagement photos provide an opportunity to capture the emotions and feelings at this momentous time in your relationship.
The key to beautiful engagement photos is the romantic sparkle in each other’s eyes, the joyful Smiles, the spontaneous excitement and affection that occurs between two people.
Fun Photo Guys® offers Engagement Photo Sessions which can provide photos for a variety of uses and will aid in building a relationship with your photographer.
Seeing the images from an Engagement Photo Session can make you excited and help you build confidence for your wedding day.
You can look forward to having your pictures taken on your wedding day and relax, knowing you’re in good hands with our photographers.
If you are engaged to be married and live in the San Francisco Bay Area, contact us to schedule your Engagement Photo Session today!
GET TO KNOW YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER
One of our Engagement Photographers can photograph you and your fiancé in a stress free relaxed setting where you can express your feelings and emotions.
These photos can be used any way you want, including your engagement announcements, wedding album, online gallery, or just for fun!
This is a great opportunity to get to know your photographer and to discuss your needs.
An Engagement Photo Session will allow you to establish a rapport with one of our wedding photographers and capture high quality engagement photos to share with your family and friends.
ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS SESSIONS - ON-LOCATION
Engagement Photo Sessions are informal and are typically done at an outdoor location.
The setting can be one that has special meaning to the two of you, such as the place you got engaged, had your first date, or spend a lot of time together.
There are many locations throughout the Bay Area to choose from.
We have found that many couples like to pick a memorable location with a scenic background, such as in a park, flower garden, in front of a fountain, with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background, along the beach, in the Blackhawk area, or any scenic location near where you live.
CHOOSING A LOCATION FOR YOUR ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS
The San Francisco Bay Area is a natural photo studio.
There are a number of great locations for an Engagement Photo Session in and around the San Francisco Bay Area.
A favorite of many couples is Golden Gate Park.
Golden Gate Park is well known for the Japanese Tea Gardens where the foliage creates beautiful backgrounds.
Stow Lake, Shakespeare's Gardens, and the de Young museum are among many other areas of the park that provide great backgrounds for your Engagement Photo Session.
Other scenic San Francisco locations include Palace of Fine Arts, The Legion of Honor, Treasure Island, Fisherman's Warf, or downtown San Francisco.
If you want to have engagement photos done locally, there are a number of local locations such as a local park, on Mt Diablo, near a local lake.
The focus of the engagement photos is the two of you as a couple.
The photos should represent your personalities as well as your love and commitment to one another.
Can't think of a location? We have several of our own favorite locations that can be used as a natural outdoor photo studio.
• The goal of the engagement photo is to capture you as you appear in everyday life together and show how comfortable you are with each other.
Ask yourself: What activities do the two of you enjoy doing together?
• Wearing blue jeans and running bare foot on the beach or in a park can produce excellent engagement photos.
• Wear casual, complementary clothes. Wear comfortable clothes that you can sit, stand, and walk in
• Consider having your hair and makeup done on the day of the Engagement Photo Session to "test" how it might look in photographs on your wedding day.
• Dress in solid colors, preferably earth tone colors such as blue, brown and green.
• Avoid colors that will cast a reflective color on your skin, such as bright reds, yellows and oranges.
• Large/bold patterns and shirts with logos are not recommended.
• Wear like colors and clothes that blend well together. While all the clothing doesn't have to match, the colors should be harmonious.
• Dark clothing tends to minimize body size; light tones emphasize body size.
• Wear presentable shoes and socks as they may be in the picture.
• Avoid wearing glossy makeup; the shine catches the flash & can spoil the results.
• Avoid wearing dark eyeliner; it makes your eyes appear small.
• Wear only simple jewelry. Avoid wearing too much jewelry or big jewelry.
• If you have contact lenses, wear them. Glasses can cause unwanted reflections, although we can usually compensate by adjusting the position of the lights.
• Bring sunglasses. They can be used as props to add fun & character to photos.
WHAT ARE ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS USED FOR?
Engagement Photos can be used in many ways. Here are a few ideas:
• Signature Frame at Wedding - Framed enlargement for guests to sign
• Engagement Pictures in a wedding album or scrapbook
• Engagement Announcements - Newspaper or invitation to an engagement party
• "Save-The-Date" cards/magnets
• Wedding Invitations/Programs - Print on the invitation or print separately and insert
• Website, E-Mail, Newsletters
• Personal Use - Carry in your wallet or on your desk at work
• Party Favors
• Gifts to friends/family, and to parents who always appreciate photographs
DON'T BE HELD HOSTAGE - WE PROVIDE THE ORIGINALS!
Our "No Hostage" policy applies to publishing your engagement photos too!
You may publish your engagement photos any way you want without violating copyright.
Unlike some wedding photographers who hold your photographs hostage for years and charge you for each printed photo,
we provide you with the original high-resolution photos online in an Internet Photo Gallery and a Digital Photo Album (CD/DVD).
We specialize in the speedy delivery of images so you don’t have to wait several weeks to get them.
Our "No Hostage" policy empowers you to:
• Publish photos on the Internet, in a Newspaper, or anywhere you want
• Send photos using e-mail
• Print photos at home
• Order high-quality prints online
• Have photos printed by your favorite commercial printer
HOW MUCH DOES AN ENGAGEMENT PHOTO SESSION COST?
Fun Photo Guys®
provides a simple Engagement Photo Session package for a flat rate of $250. That includes a 1-2 hour photo session on-location, high-resolution digital images, and an online Internet Photo Gallery.
SPECIAL OFFER - FREE ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS
If you choose Fun Photo Guys® to photograph your wedding, we will credit the fee you pay for your Engagement Photo Session toward the final payment (some restrictions apply).
To qualify for the free Engagement Photo Session offer, you must choose either a medium or large wedding package and have at least four (4) hours of paid wedding photography coverage.
This offer is not valid with any other discounts/offers.
The credit is limited to $250 and does not apply to the wedding photography deposit or towards any travel fees or overtime expenses.
CAN'T DECIDE ON A WEDDING OR BIRTHDAY GIFT?
Give the gift of long lasting precious memories.
Purchase an Engagement Photo Session
DOWNLOADABLE ENGAGEMENT PHOTOGRAPHY FORMS